For as little as $40/person, your group of 10 people, can safely enjoy the beauty of Camp Robin Hood together and enjoy a full schedule, complete with our favourite activities including: Canoe, Archery, Sports, Crafts and of course Swim! Your group will also have their own Home Base and access to the amazing Robin Hood site for this special outdoor experience. Please read on for more details. We hope you’ll join us!
Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Book now to reserve your spot for one of our family days!
- Bookings are available every Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM at our beautiful 50-acre site for four weekends throughout the month of August! The following dates are available:
- Saturday, August 8
- Sunday, August 9
- Saturday, August 15
- Sunday, August 16
- Saturday, August 22
- Sunday, August 23
- Saturday, August 29
- Sunday, August 30
- Space is limited and we are able to safely accommodate no more than six bookings per day.
- Book as a bubble/pod. Each bubble/pod will be made up of a minimum of 4 people and maximum of 10 people (including kids under 2-years-of-age).
- $45 plus HST/per person*: 4-5 people
- $40 plus HST/per person*: 6-10 people
*No charge for children under 2-years-of-age, but kids under 2 will be counted toward the maximum group size
- Payment will be collected at the time of registration. Camp Robin Hood families can use any credit from summer 2020 to pay for Family Days.
- Confirmation: Once your application is received, the total cost will be confirmed by email. Once your payment has been processed by the camp office, you will receive confirmation of your date and time.
Click the ‘Register Now’ link at the bottom of this page to register today!
TELL ME MORE!
This experience will run daily on the weekends from 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Once you arrive on site, your family will be greeted by a Camp Robin Hood staff who will help you in setting up your “home base” for the day. At your “home base”, you will be provided with three changing cabins, two picnic tables and a water cooler for the day.
Each group will be provided with a schedule for the day. Groups will have dedicated 30-minute time slots at each of the following activities: Sports, Crafts, Archery, Canoe, and Swim. Each family will also have a designated Lunch time and Free Period.
Robin Hood staff will be available throughout the day to facilitate the activities and engage with your group, however they will not be providing direct supervision. Parents are required to supervise their children on-site at all times.
All areas described below (and associated equipment) will be carefully cleaned and disinfected between groups.
Swim: Each group will have private use of the pool, supervised by a dedicated lifeguard. Feel free to bring any pool toys or other equipment (i.e. lifejackets) that you may wish to use.
Sports: Groups will have private use of the tennis courts, baseball diamond, basketball courts and soccer field. We will have some sports equipment available for use, but with safety in mind, we STRONGLY encourage that you bring your own.
Crafts: With the support of a Robin Hood staff, there will be various craft options that your family can engage in. You can count on lots of boondoggle being available!
Canoe: Groups will have access to our Camp Robin Hood canoe pond. We will supply the canoes, paddles, lifejackets and beautiful green scenery!
Lunch: Out of an abundance of caution, Camp Robin Hood will not be providing food or drinks. We ask that all groups bring their own lunch, drinks and refreshments. Feel free to bring a cooler to keep your food cool.
Free Period: During your free period, groups will be able to enjoy the site. Select playgrounds, gaga courts and tetherball courts around camp will be available for use.
DETAILS AND SAFETY
- Screening: All groups will be asked to complete a brief health screening form on the day of the program. Temperature checks will also be conducted on-site upon arrival.
- Parking: All cars must enter the camp through Gate D (the northernmost driveway off Reesor Road) and proceed to the assigned parking spots designated to the group.
- Supervision: Robin Hood staff will be following social distancing guidelines, and available to assist with facilitation of activities, sanitization and any questions, however they will not be providing child-care or direct supervision while on-site. Parents and/or guardians are responsible for supervision of all children on the property at all times.
- All kids 15 years of age and under must be supervised by an adult (must be at least 16-years-old). Each participating group should have a ratio of 1 adult for every four kids.
- Equipment: We do have equipment at camp (including tennis rackets, sports balls, etc…), but to be cautious, we encourage each group to bring their own sports equipment, in order to reduce shared surfaces.
- Chairs: We have picnic tables at your home base and around camp, but you are invited to bring your own pool or lawn chairs if you’d like.
- Towels: Camp Robin Hood will not be providing towels. Please bring towels from home.
- Water: Camp Robin Hood will be providing a clean, disinfected water jug to each home base. Paper cups will be available, but we recommend that each participant bring a reusable water bottle.
- Social Distancing: There could be up to six groups of people on the site at a given time. We require that groups remain socially distant, and in the unlikely event that it is not possible, then we ask everyone to wear face coverings (please bring your own masks).
- To ensure the safety of Camp Robin Hood staff, all staff members must adhere to social distancing best practices. We ask that your family do the same.
- Lifeguards: During your free swim time, there will be a dedicated lifeguard to supervise the swim area. Lifeguards are also available to support any first aid needs that may arise while at camp.
- Sanitization: Camp Robin Hood staff will clean and disinfect all washrooms, frequently touched surfaces and any other equipment used between groups. While we are not able to assign specific washrooms, we will provide disinfectant wipes at each washroom and ask participants to wipe down countertops before and after use.
- Pets: Pets are permitted on-site, however they must be on a leash at all times and pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets – if your dog poops, you must scoop!
- Rain: While our unit cabins do provide some shelter for brief periods of rain. Each “Family Group” will have an exclusive indoor area assigned for prolonged inclement weather. There will be no refunds for shortened days however should a day be cancelled due to weather prior to your arrival a full refund will be provided or an alternative day (space permitting) can be selected.
Keeping Camp Safe
- Camp Robin Hood expects that groups participating on these Family Days are adhering to recommended current Public Health protocols related to social circles.
- In order to keep everyone safe, groups are only permitted to access and/or use areas that are specifically designated as open. All other Camp Robin Hood facilities (including, but not limited to, low ropes area, indoor buildings and covered areas, mini golf, etc.) are off-limits to families.
- Camp Robin Hood is a safe, family environment. We reserve the right to ask any group to leave should we deem their behaviour unsafe or inappropriate.
- There is absolutely no smoking, vaping, drug use or consumption of alcoholic beverages on the Camp Robin Hood site.
- Please read the full Terms and Conditions at our registration site for more details.